Thursday 12 September 2013

*REVIEW* Maybelline Great Lash Mascara

Hi!
 
My review today is for the Maybelline Great Last Mascara - one that seems to have become the marmite of mascaras as people seem to either love this or hate it!
 
 
My shade is called Blackest Black and this retails for around £4.99.
This also comes in just plain black and also waterproof black and brown.
 
 
 
This mascara has one of those traditional bristle wands with quite big spacing between the bristles.
 
Before:  
 
 
After:
 
 
 
The formula for this is a little too wet for me as a person who prefers drier mascaras as I feel they don't clump up my lashes as much.
 
I feel that this mascara does clump up quite a bit and I think its because there are such wide spaces in the bristles.
There is a decent amount of length that this mascara gives but I feel that instead of volume, this just tends to stick several lashes together and makes them pretty stiff and hard. I generally prefer a mascara that makes my lashes just feel a bit softer.
 
This lasts well on my lashes but I never have a problem with smearing with mascaras anyway.
 
So generally OK length....mediocre separation and clumps instead of volume.
 
I have to say that generally I don't agree with all of the hype surrounding this famous pink and green tube...I don't hate this mascara, I'm just not in love with it. I imagine I'll use it if my current mascara runs out and I need something quickly but I won't be rushing out to repurchase it when it runs out.
 
Oh. I forgot to mention a major downside to this mascara:
Maybelline tests on animals. I'm actually refusing to buy any products from Maybelline anymore so even if I did like this mascara I'd never go out and buy it again because I'd rather buy a product from a company that doesn't smother it's products over rabbits.
It's a personal thing but even if you don't have a problem with Maybelline I still wouldn't say this mascara is that great.
 
What do you make of this mascara?
Thanks for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment