Monday 16 September 2013

*REVIEW* Bourjois Paris Smoky Eyes Eyeshadow Trio

Hi!
 
I have a review today of a makeup product that I've had hanging around for a while - in fact it was one of the first makeup products I bought when I started really getting into makeup a few years ago! :)
 
 
This retails for £7.99 and from looking online it seems that there are loads of different shades that this comes in (around 13) but this one is in 1 Gris Dandy.
 
I mentioned this in my post about how to create a smokey eye which you can read HERE if you're interested.
 
 
 
This comes with 3 shades for a smoky eye and also a little eye shadow applicator which I don't use that often, but it's not actually too bad.
 
There is also a little diagram on the back which demonstrates the best way to apply these shades which is pretty useful and a nice touch.
 
It says:
 
"Silky easy to blend texture, 8 hour wear"
 
Here are some swatches!
 
 
 
These swatches are without any kind of base or primer and I didn't build them up a load but hopefully you can see that the pigmentation is pretty good with these.
 
The lightest shade is a little bit harder in texture and less pigmented and the darkest shade is definitely the best one in my opinion.
 
I can't help but feel that the lightest shade is still a little bit too grey to use as a highlight for me - it just looks a little bit muddy and not close enough to my actual skin tone.
It's still good to use to blend in the other shades, but I prefer using a separate highlight with this that is closer to my skin tone.
 
Also all 3 shades in this are pretty shimmery so the lightest shade may be a little too frosty for some to use as  a highlight shade.
Other than that the shades work really well together and do create a great classic smoky eye.
These shades work great together because they blend to create a gradient, making your eye look sultry and smoked.
 
I have no issues with these fading or creasing but I'd recommend a primer to get the best out of them.
I like the texture of these but they are a little bit on the dusty side sometimes; I've found that the two darker shades have managed to dust off and flake onto the lightest shade, making it even more grey sometimes.
 
I do like the packaging because it doesn't feel cheap and its relatively sturdy, but it is round which may be a problem for some as it makes it difficult to store if you don't have a lot of space for your makeup.
 
 
I definitely like these shadows and I think at some point I might have to try another one of these trios!
Have you tried these shadows from Bourjois yet?
 
Thanks for reading!
Libby x
 

No comments:

Post a Comment