Sunday 8 September 2013

My Favourite Autumn Nail Polishes!

Hi!
 
Ever since I was a kid I've always loved autumn...the fiery coloured leaves, the cooler temperatures before the winter, the sweet blackberries on the bushes...
 
Although I have to say I'm not looking forward to spider season. Saw a MASSIVE one last night sitting there like it pays rent and ended up having to run off downstairs in our spare bedroom to sleep.
 
Anyway, enough of my irrational fear of spiders! :)
 
I thought that even though it isn't really properly autumn yet I would compile a list of my favourite nail polishes that I think will really look great at this time of year!
 
I'm not one for restricting myself to certain colours of nails in certain seasons (I've been known to wear hot pinks and bright teals in January) but I did see all of these nail polishes and thought how great they would look this time of year!
 
 
This is the first polish I thought of...this is O.P.I's colour Give Me Moor which is a VERY dark berry colour. It makes a great alternative to black and although it looks black in the photo, on the nails it is a gorgeous deep purple shade.
 
 
This is the Collection 2000 Hot Looks polish in 63 Shadow and I just think this dark brown colour would make a great dark "neutral" nail for the autumn. Definitely pulling this one out to use soon!
 
 
This is the Models Own polish in Purple Blue from the Beetlejuice collection. It has a gorgeous blue/purple duochrome and it is simply beautiful. I've forgotten about this recently and I think I might use this soon!
 
 
This is another Models Own polish, this time  a pinky purple colour called Magenta Pearl.
I love these berry shades for the autumn and this one has gorgeous shimmer and sparkle when it's on the nails. It even has subtle hints of copper and orange in it - perfect for autumn!
 
 
 
*Sigh*...one of my favourite nail polishes ever. Honestly, I wear this all year round but the copper and purple tones in the Accessorize nail polish in Aztec make it just perfect. This works best over a purple polish but it is so worth the extra step. This is beyond beautiful...if you don't have this shade already I definitely recommend it!
 
 
 
Another Collection 2000 Hot Looks polish called 65 Scorched.
You may notice that this also snuck it's way into my "summer nail polishes" post but just look at that colour...doesn't that just scream autumn leaves to you??
 
 
My last colour is a neutral colour by Models Own called Pray.
I think this would be a perfect polish for work or school as it's a great neutral taupe colour but still looks great on the nails.
 
So there you go! There are my favourite autumn nail polishes...I think I'm going to do this for every season from now on because its so fun to go through and pull out great polishes for that season, not that the weather stops me wearing any colours that take my fancy!
 
Thanks so much for reading!
Libby x

No comments:

Post a Comment