Monday 20 May 2013

*REVIEW* E.L.F All Over Colour Stick in Spotlight

Hi! :)
I have another E.L.F review today for you...this was another one of the products that I bought recently in my haul from E.L.F (which you can read HERE) :)

 
 
 
The All Over Colour Sticks (or Color sticks if you're across the pond!) cost £1.50 from www.eyeslipsface.com.
I also have another one of these in Lilac Petal which I've already reviewed HERE.
 
I decided to get this one because it looked like it would be a really good highlight colour. I have very fair skin and don't tend to use a lot of blush or bronzer but I love using highlighters to add a bit of contouring to my face.
 
 
A lot of E.L.F products have this scent which I absolutely LOVE...it's described as being "sugar orange" on the site and every time I smell it I fall in love all over again.
 
It says:
"Naturally illuminates for a healthy glow. Instantly soothes and conditions skin. Multipurpose formula."
 
Although it says you can, I don't ever tend to use these for anything other than my cheeks as the colours often look too frosty to go on my lips and I'd be worried about creasing on my eyes.
 
Feel free to click on the picture to enlarge the picture - for some reason recently my photos have looked a little stretched...
The left side is a swatch blended in and the right side is the product swatched heavily.
 
As I hoped, this makes a beautiful highlight.
I use this on top of my cheekbones after foundation and then blend it in with my fingers.
For me, this is the perfect shade for my skin. It's not quite white, more of a pale cream colour despite the rather misleading lighting in the photo!
There is also a slight shimmer in this which looks really beautiful when it hits the light.
 
The only thing I'm not so keen on about this product is that the formula is a little...wet? It's pretty creamy (which is why I don't tend to use these on my eyes unless setting with another shadow) and while I don't mind this much, it means that it doesn't have the best staying power in the world.
Nevertheless it is still visible after quite a few hours of wear and it still looks pretty throughout the day.
 
Generally, I really like this product and I'm so glad I got it! It adds a lovely sheen to the tops of the cheekbones and you can build it up depending on how visible you want your highlighter to be.
 
Thank you for reading! What do you think of the All Over Colour Sticks?
Libby x
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment