Saturday 11 May 2013

Benefit Girl Meets Pearl Vs High Beam

*This is a scheduled post as over the next few weeks I will be busy with exams*

Hi :)
I think personally that every makeup brand is famous for a few types of products and I feel like one of the types of products Benefit is famous for are their highlighters...
I have two to show you today which are Girl Meets Peal and also the famous High Beam.

 
 
I don't have either of these in full sizes as I got them in the Benefit "Finding Mr Bright" kit :)
A full sized Girl Meets Pearl costs £24.50 for 12ml and the High Beam in full size costs £19.50 for 15ml.

Girl Meets Pearl:
"This soft, golden-pink liquid pearl luminizer features light-reflecting pigments to give your complexion an exquisite, dewy glow. It includes raspberry & chamomile, known for their soothing properties…and sweet almond seed extract  known to help improve skin firmness & smoothness. Pat it on over blush to highlight cheekbones with a pop of pearly pleasure!"


High Beam:
"Our satiny pink liquid highlighter accents cheek & brow bones for a dewy, radiant glow. Use as a spot highlighter over makeup or wear under complexion products for subtle luminescence. It's the "supermodel in a bottle!""

Here are some swatches:

 
 
 
As you can see they are different colours...High Beam is more of a very pale, pearly pink/champagne colour with shimmer...it's pretty pigmented and shows up well on the skin.
Girl Meets Pearl however is definitely more of a golden colour...I think it's more of a very sheer base with some golden shimmer. It's not as noticeable on the skin and isn't anywhere near as light as High Beam.
For both of these I just dot it along the top of my cheekbones and blend it in with my fingers.
 
Girl Meets Pearl:
 
Pros:
1) Would be a lot better for darker skin tones as it has golden shimmer
2) Is more subtle so you could blend this more over your face to give a really luminous glow.
3) Has a nice smell to it...(this may be a disadvantage to some people who don't like scented cosmetics...I don't generally but the smell isn't strong and I quite like it. Also highlighter isn't something I need lots of so it's not like I can still smell it once it's on  my face)
 
Cons:
1) It's more expensive than High Beam.
2) There is less in the bottle than High Beam
3) It isn't as noticeable as a highlight
4) For lighter skin tones it doesn't show up as well.
 
High Beam:
 
Pros:
1) Less expensive than Girl Meets Pearl
2) You get more in the bottle
3) There is a brush in the bottle top so it's slightly easier to apply.
4) Is a lot more noticeable as a highlight
5) Better for fair skin (like me)
 
Cons:
1) If you have dark skin it might look a little bit frosty...
2) Even though it is cheaper than Girl Meets Peal it is still expensive for a highlighter.
 
Overall I generally prefer High Beam...it stands out better on my skin and is more noticeable, but that's not to say that I don't use Girl Meets Peal too!
They are both pretty good highlighters so it would have to depend on how dark your skin is and if you are willing to spend the extra money to get slightly less product.
I've used High Beam for some time now and I now have 3 mini versions from various Benefit kits :)
 
Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed my post :)
Libby x


 

No comments:

Post a Comment